Here is an adjective worksheet for 1st graders and a few others that vary in difficulty. The students will identify adjectives and point out the nouns they modify.
Adjectives: Worksheets for 1st Graders
A. DIRECTIONS: Adjectives describe nouns. They give you more information about them. In the following sentences, underline the adjectives. HINT: There are 20 in all.
EXAMPLE: The big dog ran away from the little kitten. The word “big” tells you more about the dog and the word “little” describes the kitten.
- Tall giraffes have long necks and black tongues.
- I saw a huge bear walking through the beautiful forest.
- The gerbil had five babies.
- The hungry hippo ate all the green grass.
- That skinny ferret huddled in the warm blanket.
- Her new puppy played on the moist lawn.
- The scary dragon had enormous wings.
- The magical unicorn ran through the tall flowers.
- I saw fat cows sleeping in the sunny field.
- There are lovely wild horses running in the valley.
B. DIRECTIONS: Fill in the blank with an adjective. Remember adjectives can tell the number, color, size, how it looks, how it acts, or how it sounds.
- That is a very _____________ butterfly.
- The lions made a _____________ noise.
- I saw a _____________ cat on Halloween.
- The aquarium had _____________ fish.
- The _____________ whales were swimming.
A. tall, long, black, huge, beautiful, five, hungry, green, skinny, warm, new, moist, scary, enormous, magical, tall, fat, sunny, lovely, wild
B. Answers will vary.
The following adjective worksheet for 1st graders will test the student’s knowledge of adjectives and the nouns they modify.
A. DIRECTIONS: Underline the adjective and circle the noun it describes. EXAMPLE: The hot sun rises in the east.
- Comets have a long tail.
- Mars is a red planet.
- There are wide rings around Saturn.
- Jupiter has many moons.
- I can see the beautiful planet called Venus.
B. DIRECTIONS: Fill in the blank with the best adjective.
long hot dusty modern gray
- If you get too close, the _________ sun will burn you.
- It would be a very _________ trip to Neptune.
- I want to ride in a new __________ spaceship.
- You can see the astronaut’s footprints on the __________ moon.
- Watch out for the _________ asteroid!
A. adjectives: long, red, wide, many, beautiful. nouns: tail, planet, rings, moons, planet
B. hot, long, modern, dusty, gray
This adjective worksheet for 1st graders will have the students identify adjectives and the nouns they modify. Some adjectives will come after the noun they modify.
A. DIRECTIONS: Underline the adjectives. HINT: There are 10.
- The chocolate cake is moist and delicious.
- The warm pizza had melted cheese and spicy pepperoni.
- I enjoy eating sweet cherries and sour lemons.
- Everybody likes yummy desserts.
- The salty chips make me want water.
B. DIRECTIONS: Underline the nouns that have one or more adjectives describing them.
EXAMPLE: The red apple is old and rotten.
- Vegetables are more nutritious than candy.
- The ice cream was cool and creamy.
- The golden chicken nuggets were tasty.
- The juicy watermelon was very messy.
- The wedding cake was big and lovely.
- If you leave it out, bread will go stale.
- I would love a tall, cool glass of lemonade.
- Sundaes are plain without toppings.
- Nuts are healthy and full of fiber.
- Carbonated sodas are bad for you.
- Thechocolatecake ismoistanddelicious.
- Thewarmpizza hadmeltedcheese andspicypepperoni.
- I enjoy eatingsweetcherries andsourlemons.
- Everybody likesyummydesserts.
- Thesaltychips make me want water.
B. vegetables, ice cream, nuggets, watermelon, cake, bread, glass, sundaes, nuts, sodas
Post a comment.
comments powered by