Sample lesson plans for 7th grade computer terms are extremely useful. Even though by the time they reach 7th grade, most students have already had experiences with computers either at home or at school, that does not necessarily mean that they know what they are doing. Even more importantly, perhaps, is that many students work on computers on a daily basis, yet they have no idea what the names of the actions are that they are doing. Maybe that does not seem like a big deal; however, it does indicate that youngsters are learning to move away from reality, and more into a virtual realm.
What follows is a list of sample lesson plans for 7th grade computer terms:
- HotChalk Spreadsheets - This lesson will introduce students to some of the most basic spreadsheet functions, such as those used in Microsoft Excel.
- HotChalk Excel - This lesson allows students to delve into further into the concepts of Microsoft Excel. Excel is a program where learning about computer terms is really mandatory to success with the features. Students cannot just assume they know what each function means, or blindly go into the program and expect to "excel" at it.
- HotChalk Graphing - For teachers interested in presenting the mathematical functions associated with computers, this lesson will engage students in the graphing calculator functions of a computer.
- HotChalk Emoticons - This activity is on the lighter side. However, it does teach children that the smiley faces that they make do have a name!
- HotChalk Jeopardy-style: Who doesn't love Jeopardy? This lesson uses the game of Jeopardy to teach computer terms to students.
All of the lessons described above involve interactive activities. Not only do the students learn about the terms, but they also engage in a project that requires the knowledge of those terms.
Lead students through the terminology, but make sure they are taking notes. When it comes time for the final project, be there to offer assistance and guidance. However, ultimately, they will have to come to understand the terms in order to be able to create the assignment.